Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
1 Corinthians 13: 2, 4, 5 (NLT)
2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing.
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.
This is for singles who desire marriage, married couples who are newlyweds, and those who are veterans.
I have been very candid with you sharing that I have been facing storms of varied circumstances and one of them was the state of my marriage. It was not a question if we loved each other; it was how could we make it work for the both of us.
Paul says in His word that you can possess all of the gifts God issues, but if you don’t have love- it is nothing. Jesus commanded that we love others. But the question is-how?
People usually can grasp the romantic side of love. Whether it is through physical attraction, sexual attention, or monetary provisions; people can ascertain that aspect of love.
But what about when love gets tough? When plans change-when people change-when you question yourself saying, “What was I thinking? How can I make it in this marriage?”
Listen, I don’t condone abusive relationships-period; so this does not apply. For love does not abuse and I believe God loves you enough that He wants you safe and free from harm- Jesus took all of the torture that we need-Amen?
Yet if you found sound qualities in your mate that outweighed the undesirable costs, AND you all are yoked in the belief of God-then we have to realize how to love that person-the way God says.
Yesterday, I had the chance to speak to three couples with different circumstances and let me tell you, they had love! Through the tears, the trials, and their happiness-they get it.
Key Points:
1. Love is Patient- this may need to be an attribute that we must learn-some of us just don’t have it.
2. Love doesn’t demand its own way- we must balance our desires with that of our mates.
3. Love is not irritable- check your levels here- how can you overcome this?
4. Love doesn’t keep record of wrongs- we are not perfect- we mess up- if Jesus kept all of our records…whew…!!!
5. You both must be willing to follow the word of God- if one is not on board-lay them on the altar of prayer and pray without ceasing for the man or that woman to be delivered on the other side of bondage. Amen?
You must realize that God desires your mate to see His love through you! Pastor Ed Jones and his wife Sylvia taught this message and it was phenomenal!
Is your mate able to see the love of Christ through you? If you are single and desire marriage, are you preparing your faith house (mind) and heart to become this vessel, honestly?
Join me tomorrow for Part 2 of this message. May the peace of Christ Be with You. Amen
God Favor Ministries
Www.godfavor.org
http://fromhisheart2yours.blogspot.com

No comments:
Post a Comment